Basement water extraction
Water and flooding in your basement causes damage in a number of ways. Standing water, whether inches deep or just a minor amount in one corner, seeps into carpeting, floors and subfloors, and drywall, and threatens the structural integrity of your home or business property. In addition, any furniture, appliances, electronics, or other personal belongings stored in your basement can sustain costly and irreparable water damage. To add to all that, if the water in your basement is not fully extracted and the area entirely cleaned and dried, the area is prime for an infestation from mold and mildew, which can then affect the health of your family and other building occupants if not properly treated.
If you have water in your basement, call Belmont Clean + Restoration right away. We are the experts at basement water extraction and are available 24/7 in the entire Roaring Fork Valley region, including Aspen, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek, Basalt, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle, Eagle, Avon, Edwards, and Vail. Our technicians understand what you are going through. We arrive onsite quickly and treat you with courtesy and respect, and your situation as if it were our own personal emergency.
Our proven, step-by-step process ensures we leave your basement free of water, completely dry, and clean and safe for everyone.
- Step 1 – We assess the basement flood situation. Upon arrival, we take safety precautions such as making sure electric power is shut down, and then track the source of the water entering your basement. If you haven’t done so already, we stop the flow of further water into your basement and put a temporary fix on the leak or broken pipe.
- Step 2 – For health and safety reasons, we test and identify the type of water that is flooding your basement. Because basement flood water can come from any number of sources—a burst pipe, a broken hot water heater, an overflowing toilet, or outside stormwater, for example—it can contain different levels of bacteria and contaminants. By identifying the water, we then determine the proper course of action for extraction and cleanup.
- Step 3 – Our next step is to classify the flood according to the extent of the damage in terms of the amount of water in your basement and the level of dampness. We examine every space of your basement: walls and insulation, carpeting and furnishings, closed-off storage areas, and exposed surfaces such as concrete.
- Step 4 – We put our professional-grade equipment to work to remove all the water from your basement. If necessary, we use submersible pumps and other specialized water-extraction equipment and remove the water directly to our truck.
- Step 5 – We remove furnishings and belongings for dry out or disposal. Belmont Clean + Restoration will clean and restore items that can be salvaged and properly dispose of those that have been completely destroyed.
- Step 6 – The next step is to dry the area. We open windows, if possible, to take advantage of Mother Nature’s sun and breezes to help the drying process along. In addition, we bring in high-powered fans, dehumidifiers, and specialty moisture-detecting equipment.
- Step 7 – For your comfort and peace of mind, we thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the entire affected area, and we use only safe, eco-friendly products. This step includes HVAC cleaning and HEPA vacuuming to remove airborne spores that can lead to the growth of mold.
Belmont Clean + Restoration guarantees your satisfaction. Our technicians possess certifications from the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification—the IICRC—and the expertise to properly treat any basement flooding situation.
Basement flooding can happen at a moment’s notice, and we give you peace of mind when you need it most. You already have enough to worry about, so rely on us to handle your basement water cleanup from start to finish, including facilitating the insurance claims process to make sure you receive the maximum benefit to which you are entitled.
Belmont Clean + Restoration’s standards are high. We:
- Make water extraction and cleanup recommendations tailored to your exact situation.
- Keep you informed of every step of our process – you always know exactly what to expect.
- Remain focused on you and the job – to get your basement back to its pre-water-damage condition as quickly as possible.
- Use earth-friendly, proven methods, products, and equipment – always keeping the health and safety of our customers in mind.
- Provide free estimates and a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
When you have basement flooding, don’t waste another minute. Call Belmont Clean + Restoration and speak to one of our courteous representatives now. We are available 24/7 to handle all your emergency basement-water cleanup and restoration needs in Colorado’s entire Roaring Fork Valley region.